Parent Tip Page ...

Questions to ask prospective child care providers:

  • Is your program EEC licensed? Locate and look at license.
  • Do you have any openings?
  • What hours are you open?
  • What are the ages of the other children my child would be grouped with?
  • What is the ratio of adults to children?
  • Are there holidays or other dates that the program closes?
  • Do you offer part-time or flexible care?
  • What backup care is provided in case of provider illness?
  • What activities would my child experience?
  • How will you accommodate my child with special needs?
  • What is your policy when a child is ill?
  • Do you have a written discipline policy?
  • What is your emergency plan?
  • What is your level of education?

Encouraging Kids to Eat Healthy Foods ~ Tips for Parents - Click Here


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.